Friday, January 18, 2008

A Declaration of Activities and Moving Day Part 1

This year I might actually post more than once a year. Hey I did post twice in '07, kind of...
There are to many movies out there for me to ignore anymore. My friend joe and I had a podcast for movies the year after last till we drifted from it. I will throw them in here with the tag/label of "2008 movies" as well as their names. I will be watching Cloverfield either tonight or tomorrow night.
Also, I will be blogging me and my friend's exploits of various restuarnts in the Anchorage area. We would like to dub Food King Tour '08 (with pictures of course) but more on that later

Back to the topic on hand

So I will get the pleasure of moving about 1/3 of my apartment back to my home state of Alaska from the east coast. I've decided to freight my crap, but damn it's hard to find ANYONE to freight with. I'm avoiding the likes of FedEx and UPS Freight. I found one, I may have found a second, but still a bit uncertain. For all I know, I might just use the USPS and UPS again. I would rather not. I think it would cost oodles of moneys.

One of the biggest projects in this mess is NOT getting a pallet, NOR is it getting the many boxes I will need for it, BUT* rather the 630+ dvds I have to ship roughly 3000 miles (about 4,828 Km for our metric friends out there. you know who you are, don't be ashamed. although you should...) Thanks to working at an anime store that does a many conventions, I know how to pack dvds very well

I will be craig listing 90% of my furniture
I almost miss college dorm/apartments just for the fact they were furnished and I did not have to sell a futon and various other things. I think this will be the hardest move i have done in my life so far. Til I get settled down again. :P

Anyway, I will be sending a picture of my boxes of DVDs to Shelf Obsessed, just to see what kind of response i get. I will have a story of course; with such a weird picture, I need a story for it.

Well I'm tired of writing.
I'll talk to you children later




*i love caps

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home