Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 2: Bad Choices



On to day 2.

I have used the elliptical machine before. It has some nice simple settings and features: incline & resistance control, preset programs, a timer, a fan. All of these run off your own movement. After moving the device to the hallway, nothing works. I went ahead and used it anyway. I was committed and i just did a mild set of stretches. More on the latter in a moment.

I watched a video of the cinema snob on my lovely iPad for the duration of the "run". It was a video review of a die hard knock off called "Crackerjack". The 24 minute episode was quite enjoyable; but after 12 minutes of not knowing how far i was going and no fan, I didn't feel so fresh. That was my second poor choice; my first was using weights in the stretches.

Prior to the elliptical machine, I did some quadricep stretch for 20 sec or so for each leg. Another 20 sec. on a modified calf stretch where i have my back leg perpendicular. Then I decided to push it a little more with two 5 lb weights. I did 10 reps of arm lifts with a weight in each hand. This was followed by 10 reps of arm curls. I performed 10 reps of the same calf stretch where I had one arm stretched out and one at my hip. I held this for 30 sec for each calf. For the finale I did 10 squats with a weight in each hand. It doesn't seem to be very much and to be frank i sound like a silly. However, my legs still hurt a little bit and I haven't really done very many stretches for quite some time.

I did power through those last 12 minutes on the elliptical.  It wasn't pleasant. Overall, this activity took a little over 32 or so minutes.

Tomorrow I may wake up a little earlier and run outside. I also have to fight my urge to play Skyrim. I just downloaded Dawnbreaker and have created a new character in the spirit of this new release. That or choose between the elliptical or a mixed work out that involves more crunches and push-ups.

To be honest, I'd rather run.



[Also, if anyone has a better way to term any stretches feels free to tell me. I'm not a hundred precent sure on all the names. I just mimic what i have remembered]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home